7/06/2003

In my quiet time today I spent some time in Ephesians 5. The very first 2 verses got my attention in a hurry: "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

As I reflected on Paul's words to the Ephesians, my mind connected with similar words he wrote to the Roman Church in Romans 12:1-2. Questions:
1. How am I imitating God day-to-day? Can others see Him in me?
2. In what ways is my life reflecting the love of Christ to others? Do people I connect with each day, experience God's love through me? How?
3. How is my life right now, aligned with the words "fragrant offering and living sacrifice to God?"

Upon asking myself these questions and then responding, I have once again realized how far I fall short of God's glory. I also realize that I can only attain what Christ has called me to, in the power of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:14).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home