2/23/2004

Welcome to the many new visitors to this blog! Some of you may even be asking about the origin of the name of my blog. So what's in a name - especially the name of this blog? Plenty, and the name: Dave's Dusty is pregnant with meaning...but more about the meaning in the coming days and weeks. Stay booted.

We as a church are progressing through 40 Days of Purpose and I am continually getting pounded by truth. Many times during the past number of days, it has felt like I'm attempting to drink out of a fire hose. How much can I really take in? I've learned the importance of focusing on one or two truths per week...processing, absorbing, and then attempting to apply them.

One of the many takeaways for me, 30 days into the journey is that I an too concerned about my comfort, while God is far more concerned about my character. While I'm praying for protection and safety and smooth sailing, God's wanting to develop my character, wanting to mold me, wanting to shape me into someone who looks more like His Son. That molding and shaping happens through circumstances and experiences - often difficult, and sometimes painful; His Word - I've got to be in it and putting it in me in order for it to shape me; and finally, the Holy Spirit - without Him, everything's an exercise in futility. God continually uses all three in my development. My prayer life is changing as a result.

Continuing thoughts from the "dome" (a moniker given to me by my son, Steve - Thanks Dibs!),
D-squared


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home