2/02/2004

Yesterday was a great day in so many ways. We kicked off our 40 Days of Purpose last week and on Sunday handled the topic - What On Earth Am I Here For? It's amazing that there was a minimum of overlap between the message during the worship service, the Sunday AM class, and small group discussion later in the day. The topic was the same but the thoughts shared and discussion went in different directions...all good stuff!

The opening line in the first chapter of Rick Warren's book: The Purpose Driven Life: "It's not about you!" sets the tone for the rest of his book and enables me to adjust my perspective. As I reflected on that 4 word sentence, I thought about all the advertising I see all around me in this culture. Each ad screaming at me: "It's all about you!" or "You deserve a break today!" or "Have it your way!" This all flies in the face of the fact that I am created by God and for God.

Good questions to ask: Since each of us are living for something or someone, who are you living for?
How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way you are living right now?

Grace-full,
Dave
Ezekiel 36:26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home