5/19/2004

What's your heading?

Often, I find myself experiencing days that have become a string of events controlled by others. Days become weeks full of commitments with very little continuity. Can you relate? I don't believe that our souls were designed for this. No, I believe that we were created for God's purpose and it's imperative that we know what that purpose is.

Author, Gary Thomas in his book Seeking the Face of God, writes that the last words of Christ before death on the cross, as recorded in the Gospel of John, were, "It is finished." Jesus clearly knew, when his life had come to a close, what "it" was. That thought has caused me to continually think about my "it". What is my purpose? What has Christ called me to be - to do? It's my desire to say the same words to my Lord when I'm facing death: "It is finished" - knowing in my heart of hearts what that "it" was.

What's your "it"? Are your working toward discovering and identifying it?

Being transformed,
DpD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home