6/07/2004

We just returned from a great week of vacation in the sunny and extremely hot and muggy gulf coast of Alabama. I spent alot of time on the beach and in the ocean. I took a pounding on the beach - from the sun, and in the ocean - from the waves. We had 4 days of great surf - perfect for body surfing - and I enjoyed it thoroughly. There were a couple of times that I experienced the "washing machine" effect from the surf - commonly known as Maytags.

Now I'm back in the pocket getting caught up and trying to figure out how 7 days can go by so quickly. I realize, though, that I'll never get a handle on that.

On Saturday, when we boarded the plane in Mobile, Alabama, one of Northwest's ground crew members stuck his head in our plane just before departure and announced that President Ronald Reagan had just passed away.

I was saddened but this news didn't take me by surprise, since earlier reports were saying he was going downhill quickly. The book I was reading during the week was a biography of Ronald Reagan entitled Ronald Reagan - When Character Was King. Surreal.
The books is a great read with some outstanding insights into the life and times of this great leader in our nation's history. I'm so impressed by this man's integrity and his positive spirit. We were blessed by his service to our country.

Gotta roll,
DpD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home