6/22/2004

While reading in Mark 14 today, I came across verse 24: "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many..."

Christ is saying this during the last supper with his disciples. His blood has not yet been shed, but within a matter of hours, it will be. His humiliation, pain, and suffering, along with His blood was the price He paid for me.

I was reading an article recently that referred to a certain group of people as "vampire Christians". The writer was referring to people who accept the blood and the grace freely extended by Christ, but really do little for Him. Their attitude and actions are communicating, "It's a one way street and it's all about me!" With this attitude we soon become "drainers" - draining resources and time in the church, while accomplishing little to build His Kingdom on earth. I believe we've all been there at times...maybe even recently?

It's necessary to break thru this deception daily, in the power of the Holy Spirit. "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." James 2:26

putting down the vampire,

Dibs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home