8/26/2004

The eyes have it!
I went back to the eye doc this afternoon and asked more questions about having laser surgery done to correct the vision in one eye. That would allow me to read with one and use the other to gaze in the distance.

What I'm finding out is that I'm giving up a little clarity both ways. This is a bit frustrating. I don't see fine print clearly and really have to strain to read. I don't see Jeff Moore in the distance clearly either. It's a classic compromise for the pleasure of not wearing glasses. This is going to be a tough choice.

There is something to learn about all this, however, and it's all about compromise. When I compromise spiritually, I end up losing clarity of vision as well. Things tend to get cloudy or even downright murky at times. Prescription glasses or contacts bring clarity just like God's Word and the Holy Spirit bring clarity, direction, and purpose. The problem is that I sometimes seem way too content to live in a compromising world. Being content can often lead to being satisfied with "good enough". I sure don't want to live there.

focusing,
Deurty Old Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home