8/13/2004

God Speaking Through My Surroundings - Entry 2

Vacationing in Northern Michigan on a small lake affords many opportunities to rest and recreate. I found it very enjoyable sitting outside, in front of the cottage where we were staying, and just spending a quiet time with God. It's truly amazing what He teaches me and reminds me of, when I take the time to be quiet and listen. The following is an excerpt of one of these quiet times:

It is very still early this morning and as I look out over the water today, I'm impressed by how glass-like the lake appears. Around the shoreline, it looks like a mirror reflecting all the trees that are growing around the lake. I have found that if I look at spot in the lake where the reflection of the surroundings is extra clear, it is very difficult to tell where the reflection ends and the real thing begins. Unreal!

God is reminding me today, through this clear imagery, of His desire for me to reflect Him today and every day. When people see me, they should be able to see Christ. Reflecting on this for any length of time can become overwhelming...how can I, a lame sinner, reflect the Creator of the Universe - the Perfect One? Another mystery.

However, I don't have to worry or stress about it. Just like the trees along the lake have absolutely nothing to do with casting a reflection, other than growing next to the lake, so it is with me. All I have to do is stay next to the Savior. When I'm close to Him, being nourished by Him, and obedient to Him - all in the power of the Holy Spirit - I am a reflection of Christ - imperfect, but yet a reflection. He does the work. (Phil. 1:6)

Who, or what are you reflecting?

A broken mirror,
Deurty Old Man





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home