8/20/2004

Just the other day, I had an opportunity to sit outside for a while. I was reminded that day how much a good size cloud could alter the air temperature drastically. One minute I was sitting in the warmth of the sun with beads of persperation forming on my large forehead and chest :), and the next moment I was looking to put my shirt back on because of the cooling temperature caused by a large passing cloud. That day, I removed my shirt and put it back on repeatedly to compensate for the drastic change in temperature.

So what? This experience kind of reminded me of my spiritual life. Hot one moment and cool the next. I really enjoy the "hot times" and it always seems that I'm never really ready or prepared for the cool times. In fact, the cool times always seems to catch me off guard and hit me by surprise. Sitting out doors on a partly cloudy day, provides me with little control over the temperature changes due to the passing clouds. I'm forced to react to what the clouds are doing. On the other hand, when I hit a "cloudy time" spiritually, it's usually because my position and proximity to Christ has changed...not because He moved, but because I did.

My desire, of course, is to remain in the heat of the Son. At the same time, I recognize how life's circumstances can bring in some clouds that momentarily block the sun's heat and the warmth. Those times help to remind me of the importance of staying close to Christ, and realizing that the Son is still there. Clouds come and go but the sun remains. My circumstances change, but His presence remains. He is faithful.

Thankful for deodorant,
Deurty Old Man


1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Deur said...

Dibs,
The goat looks fresh. I bet those emerging punks you work with are all over you like flies on .... um.... steak. What? Seriously though - the youngsters will dig it because it is a validation. To make them really angry - keep the goat and start reading John Maxwell. :)

Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home