8/29/2004

This past Friday our family celebrated dad's 90th birthday. Over the weekend I spent some time thinking about what being 90 would feel like. Aside from a few more stiff joints, soreness, and not as much stamina, what would it be like to be looking backward 90 years from that vantage point. It's not like you have a big and exciting future ahead of you! I don't believe a ninety year old makes big longterm plans, or dreams about the next big vacation or career choices. I imagine that when you're 90, your mindset is to live one day a time...thankful for each day you're given, and knowing that each day could very well be your last.

I need to live like I'm ninety!

Today we celebrated my grand-daughter's birthday. Autumn turns 5 tomorrow, August 30. In fact, she starts school this week. (Just a side note here - Autumn is still unable to ride a two-wheel bicycle without training wheels...nor can she swim...and she's five! Can you believe it? Check in with her dad on this.) Today I watched Autumn enjoy "her day". She seemed to be so excited and happy about all the little things. She also seemed to enjoy all the people around her and celebrating with her. She was so accepting of each and everyone that happened to be enjoying the day with her. Autumn didn't seem to have a care in the world, but just enjoyed the day for what it was.

I need to live like I'm five!

Deurty Old Man

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Deur said...

She can do algebra. What?

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dibs,
I was just passing looking for Flexicose links on the blogger site and found your this post blog. Your blog was not quite what I was looking for, but I enjoyed my visit all the same.

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog this post is a great place for Bible Prophecy. Thanks Dibs.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog this post is a great place for joint movement. Thanks Dibs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home