1/08/2005

"Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be His holy name...He gives and takes away. He gives and takes away...blessed be His name." These are the lyrics of a song that have been pulled directly out of the book of Job. Much easier to say when life is on cruise control everythings going my way - "zippity do dah, zippity yea..."

These very same words somehow get stuck in my throat and lost in my tears when circumstances and events in life go wrong, and when bad things happen and I just don't understand why.

It's seems so effortless to bless the name of the Lord, as long as He gives. How am I, and how are you doing on the "blessing the Lord" front when He has taken away?

My response to that question is directly related to my maturity as a follower of Christ, and my journey of faith and trust in God.

Blessed be the name of the Lord...no matter what.
DOM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home