1/11/2005

I've been trying to stay away from national news during the past 4 days and it feels good. I hope to continue this "fast" for a few more days as I attempt to purge myself from the doom and gloom I expose myself to when I allow the news media to define what's important for me to hear and see.

Will there ever be true balance in reporting? Is it too much to ask our media folks to report some good stuff along with the bad? Will people still buy newspapers and watch news programs if the good stuff becomes more prevalent?

As I ponder these questions, I wonder why I experience similar imbalance when I get into God's Word. I love to hear about the good things that await me as a result of holy living. At the same time, I dislike hearing about the consequences of unconfessed sin. I often realize that I'm strumming the same string on my guitar - the string of God's grace -while totally disregarding the string of God's justice. What kind of tune is that?

I can't really experience the extent and power of God's grace until I experience the reality of His righteousness and justice.
DOM

2 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Hosh said...

I understand the news thing man. Hard to watch now a days specially with all the death from the tsunami. I had a hard time watching a lot of that becuase it was so heart wrenching. I want to be informed but I get so sad.

Interesting spin between the news and God's word! I think that without hearing of the consequences of sin we would not know the value of Grace and what it means to be covered bu that Grace.

Speaking of Grace, God has convinced me to forgive you for making me fifth on the list of Blogs! (Feels like this topic could make a good Sienfeld episode)
~Hosh~

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

Hosher...keep bloggin and move to the top of the list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home