1/26/2005

What is Worship?



I came across a thought provoking segment today, which was taken from an article written by Louie Giglio in Current Thoughts and Trends. Here it is. I'd love to hear your thoughts and reaction to it.

"I think all music - not just Christian music, but all music - is worship music, because every song is amplifying the value of something. There's a trail - of our time, our affections, our allegiance, our devotion, our money - that leads to a throne, and whatever's on that throne is what we worship. We're all doing a great job of it because God has created us to be worshipers. The problem is that a lot of us have really bad gods."

Webster says worship is "Intense devotion to or esteem for a person or thing.

"Take me in to the holy of holies. Take me in by the blood of the Lamb. Take me in to the holy of holies. Take the coal, cleanse my lips, here I am..."
DOM

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would agree with this article. They key word in webster's definition is intense. It is actually sad to me to see how some people would do or give anything to be next to that certain famous person, but yet has no time to prepare ever for eternal life

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Deur said...

And now... let the weak say, "I am strong."
Let the poor say, "I am rich" (What? yeah. What? yeah. yeah.)

Classic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home