2/05/2005

Mercy Me
"Happy are the merciful, for they will have mercy shown to them!" Mt. 5:7

First of all mercy is an action rooted in love. Showing and extending mercy to others is an area I need to grow in. Some of the obstacles I'm faced with that often short-circuit that growth are:

-Lack of patience with those who are prime candidates to be on the receiving end of the very mercy I need to extend.

-Another obstacle is a reluctance to forgive those who desperately need to be forgiven.

If I'm able to see people through God's eyes, mercy will flow quite naturally from my life. That's where I want to be....That's where I need to be.

Why is it, the very thing I desire from God and others, becomes so difficult for me to extend to others?
DOM

3 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Deur said...

Because people are selfish... and that makes them sinful... which makes them evil... which hurts others... which proved why they should live in hell forever... which is where I belong too... shoot.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Because it takes WORK. If everyting was easy to accomplish, then we would turn to God for help less often. I believe that is why somethings are difficult, and it is different for each person, so we will draw closer to GOD for his help in overcoming our obstacles.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Dibs, Don't be too worried about patience and mercy. A couple people in your area have far less. See link http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm2693_20050205.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home