3/21/2005

THE SIGNATURE OF JESUS

I recently read this book by Brennan Manning. Brennan makes an all-out effort to rally the faithful to live transformed lives for the King of kings. There's a trunkload of heart-armor piercing questions that make you want to put the book down and pickup an easy to read emergent book complete with cartoons.

Manning writes, "Clearly, discipleship is a revolutionary way of living. A life lived in simplicity for God and others is what Paul had in mind when he wrote Ephesians 4:23-24." Roughly 80 pages later, Manning writes, "Today Christianity is largely inoffensive, and this kind of religion never will transform anything...Jesus Christ offended the religious and political order of Palestine. The Christian, too, is bound to give offense, and if he or she does not, it is a bad sign - it means they cannot be very Christian."

Manning's books are always great reads.

"Give me ten men like Francis of Assisi and I will rule the world." Let me know who you think said these words.

DOM

3 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Deur said...

Could it be the local tree that got sick of being urinated on by people?

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who wrote,"Give me ten men like Francis of Assisi and I will rule the world?"

Hmmmm...was it Wesley? Uh...wait a minute...that was a 100 men and I will rule the world...or shake the world...or something like that...

Awe shucks, I give up.
Sincerely, Silverback

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

Hey Sliverback, I knew this one would stump a student of Wesley...the person who spoke these words was the Marxist leader Lenin, a guy who figuratively urninated on people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home