4/23/2005

HELP! I NEED YOU!



I have found that all to often my default mode is to disregard help and "go it alone." I seem to think that I can figure things out enough to put a plan in place to get to where I believe I need to be. Certainly, it can't be difficult to become who I believe God has called me to be! By going it alone, I don't have to deal with the accountability factor - someone in my face asking me the tough questions. Who needs it? This attitude knows no boundaries for me and bleeds over into many areas of my life, even my leisure time. For instance, I've never taken a golf lesson in my life. I've been playing the game for 41 years without one lesson. My golf game shows it! For 41 years I have convinced myself that I can figure this simple game out on my own, but I haven't and I won't. I need help.

Bottomline, I need others! I need others in my life who know me, love me, and are not afraid to speak truth into my life or ask the tough questions. I have learned that delivering a lesson or advice, is easier than receiving it, and that needs to change. I also need a golf pro!

Far better to receive than give,
DOM(inator)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home