4/01/2005

WEATHER

Isn't it interesting that people get so caught up in the weather? I was out and about today, and a couple of people I've never met before, felt a strange urge, and freedom to speak to me about the weather, of all things. Why do people find it so easy to talk to a total stranger about the weather? Is it because the weather is what it is and it can't be disputed? Maybe we're all guilty of getting caught up with this thing called the weather. Maybe we should since it is our living environment...it effects where we live, how we dress, how we set the thermostat, whether we clean those golf clubs and get them ready to make divots in beautiful fairways, take a walk, or even smile and be friendly to total strangers. We even watch the weather forecast to find out what tomorrow will look like. Then we watch the weather report at the end of the day, to find out what the weather was like during that day. What's up with that?

If I would allow Christ to affect my life in the same way I allow the weather to affect me, what would I look like? Would you recognize me? Maybe I would look like my hero, Tom Skilling the weather guy in Chicago.



DOM, Weather you like it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home