5/01/2005

"START SPREADING THE NEWS"



This past week, I spent two great days in New York City. I love the city! I love the sights, the sounds, the smells, the traffic, and the people. I love being in a city where more people pass through a subway station (P enn Station) in a day, than live in the tri-cities area of West Michigan. I love watching people interact with each other, jostling for position in traffic and in the subway line to pass through the turnstiles. I love to see people from every race - people of every color and ethnicity, living together peacefully (for the most part). I love to experience worship in vibrant and alive churches in the city, like Brooklyn Tabernacle and Times Square Church. I love watching people react to the "bullhorn man" on the corner of 42nd and Broadway, as he exhorts people to repent and turn back to God. There are so many possibilities - so many opportunities - so much to experience - in New York City.

DOM(icile)

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Josh Jackson said...

Dibs...

What are you doing in Holland?????

"The test of a man's love for the city is if he lives in the city."
- Beuchner

Love ya! JJ

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

Good question, JJ!
Ya know, I often find myself making decisions in my life, based on family considerations. This would definitely apply to where I live. My kids, and grandkids desperately need my influence, and that can best happen if I'm living in close proximity to them! :)

Sometimes I enjoy things in life more if I get little regular doses of it, rather than the full immersion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home