6/30/2005

HOT! HOT! HOT!

During some "decktime" on a recent Caribbean cruise, I heard these words over and over as a steel drum band entertained the deck sitters.

Today, I was checking the weather in Arizona where friends and family members live.
Here's the scoop for the next few days...

4 Day Forecast for Phoenix Arizona
Today: Sunny High: 112 Low 85
Tomorrow: Sunny High: 111 Low 82
Saturday: Sunny High: 109 Low 82
Sunday: Sunny High: 108 Low 82

My friend Dan, who lives and works in the Phoenix area, tells me that it really isn't hot on days like these, because it's a dry heat. I think that means that when you spend time outdoors, your persperation will immediately dry and you'll just feel like you're spending time in your oven.

What's the difference between "dry heat" and "humid heat"?
HOT HOT HOT
DOM

4 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What's the difference between "dry heat" and "humid heat"?

The difference is your preference between baked "buns" and soggy "buns."

Soggy buns lead to some type of ointment.

Humidy wrecks everything...I can't stand it.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

Well, there you have it. It all comes down to how you like your buns!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Dan said...

A couple big differences. I didn't notice until I went back to MI after living here. The dry feeling of my clothes as opposed to a dampness that seems to exist. Here in the shade you can feel dry and not have that feel of the air smothering you. In a humid area the shade won't stop the humidity. Also if you golf what a big difference. One example I checked current temps one day last week, PHX 106 heat index felt like 100. Metro Detroit, had 90 but felt like 97. Yes the oven feel is true. When someone that hasn't felt the humidty asks what it feels like, I tell them to shut off the a/c get a couple large pots, get the water boiling and lean over it. Here is one more example that is hard to explain until you feel it. With a dry heat I have gone into the pool, gotten out with the temp at 108 and a slight breeze, I have gotten chills until I dry off. there you shower get dressed and feel like you need another shower. So many more examples, maybe a rebutal blog is due :)

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

My good friend Dan has weighed in. The differences are clear.
Dry heat is much better than heat with heavy humidity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home