7/23/2005

GIVE IT UP, ALL OF IT

Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a German theologian during the days of Hitler, expressed these thoughts as he observed the behavior of others around him, "Who stands fast? Only the man whose final standard is not his reason, his principles, his conscience, his freedom, or his virtue, but is ready to sacrifice all this when he is called to obedient and responsible action in faith and in exclusive allegiance to God - the responsible man, who tries to make his whole life an answer to the call of God. Where are these people?"

Who or what have I given my allegiance to? How does it show up in my life (or death)? How great a sacrifice am I ready to give? Where am I?

Partial obedience is disobedience.
DOM

2 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Deur said...

I am sitting across from you at Panera right now and you are asking me a question.

Thanks!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

Questions, questions...it's all about questions! I want the answers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home