7/12/2005

WHAT I'M LEARNING FROM MY GRANDKIDS

I'm finding the need to carry around a notebook and a pen whenever I'm hanging with the grandkids. These kids sure know how to get things done. Over the past weekend while spending time with my 4 grandkids, I made alot of entries in my notebook. Here's just a couple:

If you're a grandkid...
-When you're tired, take a nap. It doesn't really make a difference when or where - just go for it. It's okay and people mostly think it's cute.
-When you're at the beach and you don't feel like walking from the waters edge to the car, just stand there and say, "I'm tired" or "My feet are hot" or "Papa, I really love it when you carry me." The last line really works best for a free ride all the way to the car.
-When you're sick of having a plate of food in front of you, just start chucking the food on the floor. Guaranteed, the plate full of food will be removed immediately and you won't have to deal with it.
-When you're running a bit short of cash, just tell your grandparents that you love them and want to spend the night with them. Money starts flowing freely.
-When an adult picks up a phone and begins to make a phone call....now, is the time to scream and make a racket. It doesn't accomplish much, but the phone calling adults are sure fun to watch.

DOM(inutive)

3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an awesome papa even when you teach your grandkids the sign for spank.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

For everything there is a sign Jo-Jo. Mommy loves to spank!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Deur said...

great lessons...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home