9/27/2005

ALMOST

My 2 1/2 year old grandson, Harrison (Aitchie), loves to play basketball. He can easily spend an hour at a time tossing the ball toward the hoop from every angle. Every so often the ball will go through the hoop but interestingly, he really doesn't take the time to celebrate. He simply picks up the ball again and fires it toward the basket. Most of the time, after Harrison misses a shot, he'll simply say: "Almost", then pickup the ball and shoot it again....and again.

Almost. I'm wondering how many times I find myself saying under my breath: "Almost"? For instance: "I'm giving almost my best," or "I've surrendered almost my entire life." Or how about, "I'm almost always on time." Amazingly, God doesn't love me any less because of my almosts any more than I love Harrison any less when he almost makes a basket.

Almost...there seems to be way too many of them my life. But just like with little Harrison's shooting ability, continued practice will reduce these almosts.

"He {God) sees the depths of my heart, and loves me the same."

DOM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home