9/19/2005


DETROIT LIONHOLISM

As the professional football season began this year, I made a decison that I was going to break free from the grip of 40+ years of watching the Detroit Lions self-destruct more ways than there are people being blamed for Katrina's devastation. Plain and simple, I was addicted to Lions football. I was so far gone that I began taping games when I was unable to watch them on a given Sunday. I wanted so badly to be there, as a loyal fan, when they turned the corner and started winning. I detest fair weather fans. Now I'm not so sure what's worse - a fair weather fan, or a fan that is suckered into defending and cheering for a team that is incapable of winning. Two weeks into the season, despite my best efforts to live Lion-free, I lapsed. I was sucked into their scheme. It's over! Seeya Lions. I'm buying a good novel.

DOM

3 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger kyperman said...

Dave,

It's all over but the crying this year...Joey Blue Skies is not the guy...I am as loyal as you, and I too have just about had it...

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Dave,
It could be far worse. Did you see how the Cardinals bungled their last drive to end the game. You should hear this town every year leading up to the 1st game. This is our year, we will go deep into the playoffs. Then like the swallows returning to San Juan Capistrano, reality hits the Card fans smack in the face by week 2.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger David Drury said...

Go COLTS!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home