9/01/2005

PERSPECTIVE

My best friend, Jim, recently was diagnosed with ALS - Lou Gehrig's Disease. There's currently no cure for this disease and it leads to death. I'm watching him closely and learning alot about life as he walks this journey with uncommon courage, grace and strength. I will share more about this journey in the future and the impact it has had on my perspective of life.

Things and circumstances that would undoubtedly get my attention and raise my ire, no longer grab me the same way. I am beginning to look at things through a different lens. I am seeing and understanding the fragility of life - it's really just a short span - and how short-sighted I am when I get caught up and worked up about things of very little significance. I am responding to what happens to me and around me, in the course of a day, very differently than I did just a few months ago.

It's interesting what the future looks like with the end in sight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home