10/28/2005


BIRTHDAY

There are many things that just keep coming my way...taxes, love, encouragement, raises, affirmation, advice, and birthdays!

Tomorrow I'm celebrating my 57th birthday. I don't feel that old...nor do I look that old, at least not according to my two grand-daughters, Autumn and Savannah. I love those two chics! But here it comes just like a dirty diaper at nap time...another year older. One step closer to the exit. My wish and desire is to just keep on going strong, and go out blazing...which means I'll be on fire! Everyone around my age is talking about retirement or have retired already. Not sure if that's going to happen anytime soon for me...which is okay since there's not alot of good retirement stories in the bible. Are there any?

My secret wish is to have the BeeGee's sing happy birthday to me...but now it's no longer a secret.

Happy Birthday to me!
DOM

3 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,

I just found your blog through Jen and Brandon's Blog. I went to school with Jen in San Diego. I can't wait to tell my parents that I found your blog :) Have they seen it?

Melissa (Hostetler) Kolbo

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, Happy Birthday!

Melissa

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

Hey Melissa! Thanks for the B-day wish! Your parents were at my big b-day blowout party last night! I really appreciate them. I don't believe Mom and Dad Hoss are big fans of my blog, but my grandkids love it! Thanks for checking in and have a great week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home