11/10/2005

WHAT MATTERS MOST

I came across another great quote today. This one from Charles Colson in the book Loving God:
"It is not what we do that matters, but what a sovereign God chooses to do through us. God doesn't want our success; He wants us. He doesn't demand our achievements; He demands our obedience. The kingdom of God is a kingdom of paradox, where through the ugly defeat of a cross, a holy God is utterly glorified. Victory comes through defeat; healing through brokenness; finding self through losing self."

I love good quotes because they help me condense and clarify my thoughts. Good quotes grab my attention and cause me to think...as well as encourage me to do some inner work.

The thoughts conveyed in this quote literally fly in the face of conventional wisdom. CW says, what we do, first and foremost, really does matter; that we need to continue to strive for what the world says is success; that achievements in this world are important. It's as if we will be asked to account for each of these areas some day when we cross from this life into the next. Kind of like turning in our blue book at the end of an exam.

All God wants, is all of me. This level of surrender would guarantee my full obedience. Given that, He opens the floodgates providing victory, healing, and purpose.

Give it up, to gain it all.
DOM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home