12/14/2005

Interruptions

This past Sunday I listened to a great Xmas message about interruptions in our lives and what we do with those interruptions. Christmas is all about the greatest interruption of all, the insertion of the Messiah, God Incarnate, the Creator of the universe, on the very earth He created. The reason: For me and for you! We are the reason for the season!

The past few weeks, I've been dealing with some interruptions. A couple of weeks ago, a friend I play tennis with every week, passed away while hunting. Then Monday of this week, I attended two funerals, elderly women who passed away...but still an interruption for them and their families, and to a much lesser degree, for me, as I changed my routines to attend the funeral. On Monday evening I spoke to a father who had just lost his adult son suddenly after a very short illness. A huge interruption for him and his family. I can't imagine what that would be like.

Following each interruption in my life, I find myself processing what just took place. And, after each one, trying to find something that will help me understand real reasons for such interruptions. I know, there are two sure things in life - we're all born into this world, and we'll all die. But what can I learn from the pain and sorrow and this harsh interuption of death? I have found that as I grow older, my perspective of life (and death) has changed gradually. I continue to process it all...

Life is fragile.
DOM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home