1/14/2006

CRISIS

"There's nothing like a good crisis to increase my energy and
remind me how much I need God." Anne Christian Buchanan

Do you think there's any truth in this quote? Should I be praying and looking forward to crisis in my life? Is it possible to realize the depth of my need for God, without a crisis?

For some reason, in God's economy, my growth in Christ is directly linked to my inability to control events and circumstances in life. The realization of this lack of control comes to the forefront primarily in crisis-type circumstances. This realization invariably leads me to my knees, and it's on those tired, sore, bony knees that I'm confronted full-on with the loving and shaping hands of my Father...Abba...Daddy.

Gotta love a purposeful crisis...
DOM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home