1/23/2006

EYE IN THE SKY

The G-force and I just returned from a 5 day trip to Sierra Vista, Arizona. One of the 5 days, which were all sunny of course, and with clear blue skies, I spent 6 hours shoveling and wheelbarreling 20 tons of decorative stone. I'm guessing I did my fair share and probably moved about 4 of the 20 tons.

The stone was spread to finish a "front yard" at my daughter and son-in-law's new home. Eric, Dan, and I completed the task in record time, wishing the entire time that we had hired a couple of illegals at the local Home Depot, to handle this project. I found that there are some obvious advantages to a stone yard...no cutting, no fertilizing, no watering, no practicing your short game.

It was a great week and we had a great time hanging with our kids and Dan and Mary Anne.

Since there were no shades, blinds, or curtains in the room we slept in, we would go to sleep watching a tethered government blimp twinkle in the night. I'm sure the blimp handler's were able to peer into our room and check us out frequently. I'm also wondering if President Bush was responsible for this in order to take even more freedoms away from me. I wonder if he was also responsible for the cooler than usual temperature for that area in January...

Here's the blimp and a blurb about its purpose. I'm convinced they also use it for other purposes.



Government blimp at Fort Huachucha. This massive blimp is tethered high above the fort at Sierra Vista, Arizona. It uses radar to track drug runner planes illegally crossing our border. Several of these blimps form a protective network over our southern border. When the blimps are brought down because of high winds, illegal air traffic proceeds unimpeded.

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Deur said...

biff should have helped you with the rock - the bro can flat out put a pretty rock landscape together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home