1/16/2006




NEW RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE

This past Saturday evening we experienced a new restaurant with our friends, Jay and Donna. The name of the restaurant was Red Robin. I must admit that the name itself did not impress me. In fact I was expecting a modern day Russ'. When we arrived, we found out that it would be a 20-30 minute wait to get a seat, but it was worth the wait. There was a lot of energy in the place, with TV monitors strategically located around the restaurant with the current NFL football playoff game. There were tons of young families and young adults, with a smattering of 50+ folks around to keep the wait staff's tip average up to an acceptable level.

Jay and I even joined a wait staff group and sang "Happy Birthday" to some young man...he looked impressed by our abilities to handle the words and choreography flawlessly.

The food was great. The strawberry malt was so-so. The atmosphere was fun, although a bit noisy for conversation. In summary, it was a good choice and I'm sure we'll go back again! Nice selection J & D!

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deur,

Julie and I went there the other night with our two boys.

Enjoyed the burger that had pineapple on it...sounded funky...actually it was good.

Agree with you on the volume level in the room. It even surpassed my two year old!

Have a good one...

Chad McCallum

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger tonymyles said...

One of the best places to have a burger any way you can imagine! I first found them on a road trip through Wisconsin - very cool to have it in Grandville.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,

Just so you know that there will be a Red Robin out by Logans going in rather soon right here in Holland! I haven't eaten at the one in Grandville but I may have too after reading this.

Thanks,
Tank (finally with a blog)
www.mvanwieren.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home