1/05/2006

NEW YEAR RESOLVE

It seems as though the new year begins with a fresh and clean slate, and with the beginning of each new year there's a certain excitment about the unknown future. There's also a realization that I have absolutely no clue about what lies ahead. There are, however, certain things or disciplines that I can "control." I have found that when I'm successful in concentrating on those diciplines, my reactions to the unknown and unforeseen can be more godly.

So here's my resolve for the new year...I'm calling them, Five For the Future.

1. Be more intentional and disciplined in the following key areas.
-Physically, by working out
-Spiritually, by working in
-Emotionally, by separation from work
2. Listen more and criticize less
3. Love and cherish my incredible wife as Christ loves and cherishes the church
4. Use each opportunity I have, to positively influence my children, grandchildren, and others
5. Live in the moment

DOM

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Deur said...

Show more.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

Agreed. Swindoll has written: "Show when you're tempted to hide, and hide when you're tempted to show." In a way, this rubs me the wrong way, but it makes sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home