3/10/2006

WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE

"Rain falls on the just and the unjust unlike." The Bible

The first chapter of Job speaks of a multitude of tragedies heaped upon one man - Job. He lost everything we would call important in life - family and wealth. His reaction was, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away, may the name of the Lord be praised." What?

But what about the fact that I have to dish out more cash out of my pocket for health insurance? What about my tire that keeps losing air? What about the traffic lights that keep me from making my next appointment on time? What about the new pair of pants that keep shrinking every time I wash them? And how about the price of my favorite donut going up 10 cents? It's just not fair!

It's all about contentment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home