7/15/2006


TIME SQUARE WORSHIP

We recently had an opportunity to spend four days in New York City. I love the city!
Brooklyn Tab on Sunday with a late lunch at Juniors. Chinatown and Little Italy on Sunday afternoon, experiencing the crowd in Little Italy erupt when Italy won the World Cup. Just an aside...Does France win at anything??

Sunday night in Times Square we experienced an outdoor worship experience (see the picture). It was rocking and rolling and at times, raucous. I'm not sure what to think about it all. I tried to look at it as an "outsider" (if that's possible), and thought that this would probably be a bit confusing, a bit funny, a bit strange, all wrapped up in one. But then, I was just a spectator and not engaged with them as they led a small roped-off crowd in worship. Only in New York!

A piece of cheesecake at Carnegie Deli was mandatory! Ahhhh New York City...gotta love it. But, I hate the Yankees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home