8/17/2006

WHEN CLOUDS HIDE THE SUN

Throughout the year I find myself looking at the weather patterns and checking to see what kind of weather is coming my way. There's nothing I can do about the weather...I can't change it, reroute it, delay it, or keep it longer. I can only prepare for it and wait for it to arrive. I used to think that if I carried an umbrella, it wouldn't rain, or if I purchased a snowblower it wouldn't snow. Not so.

When clouds move in and block the sun, I don't have to freak out and think that the sun has disappeared. No, I have confidence...or better yet, faith that the clouds will eventually lift or break apart and the sun will once again appear. The sun never left, it was just hidden for a period of time. Isn't that like our spiritual lives?

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Dan said...

yes it is Dibs. 2 key words that you used. Prepare and faith. IF we prepare we can get through the stormy moments in our lives, with the faith that God like the sun is always with us, sustaining life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home