10/25/2006

VACATION...
I love to travel and see new places.
One of the stops on our recent vacation was
Southern California. We spent some time in
several communities over a four day period,
but our first day there was spent in Pasadena,
Santa Monica, Venice, and Huntington Beach.
Pasadena is shown above. Southern Californians
love their shopping. It seems like they live to shop. I had an opportunity to rub shoulders with some interesting people in Venice and it was fun
to hang out in a place which appears in so many movies. I think we spotted a few stars.

I guess Pasadena is best known to me as the city that hosts the Rose Bowl but I didn't really get a chance to see it. Overall, I wasn't real impressed with what I saw...kinda bland.

Moving on to OC later.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Dan said...

LA LA land is one of the most interesting places to visit. I always enjoy cruising thru the 90210 and looking at the excesses, once did a garage sale there. Rodeo Dr is very intersting, once saw Priscilla Presley. Melrose Ave is can be very weird, but the most "interesting" people seem to be along Venice Beach. Did you pump some iron there or get in a ball game?

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

We visited Rodeo Drive a few years back. Two words to describe it: Extreme shopping. This was our first look at Venice...some very interesting people. At times I thought I was walking through a Star Wars movie set and thought that JarJar was going to pop up any minute. He didn't, but the two iron pumpers were pretty close in identity. One of the guys pumping iron looked pretty fit and muscular, yet he was struggling with one bar (20 lbs?) in his sets of 5. I'm not sure what that was all about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home