10/29/2006


WHAT WERE YOU DOING 54 YEARS AGO?

That's a question some of us can't answer, perhaps because many of us were not old enough to qualify. Well, that's certainly not true for me! I do qualify and also I know what I was doing during a two to three minute time period one Sunday afternoon in the Spring. I was posing for a picture in front of our garage (nice backdrop) with my dad and brother (I'm the good looking chap on the right). My sister must have been taking a nap since she missed this photo op.

After this photo was snapped with the family Kodak Box Camera, I'm sure I proceeded directly into the house and slipped out of these fancy duds. I then guarantee that I spent the rest of the afternoon in the house and in my underwear only. You see, that was our tradition. That way, we wouldn't have to get our "church clothes," or for that matter, another set of clothing, dirty. Good practical thinking and living in the early 50's. The problem is, I grew up thinking that this tradition was completely normal. I assumed everyone spent Sunday afternoons in there skiveys. This assumption led to a few embarassing moments as I grew up, and I subsequently broke the tradition shortly after I got married to my first wife at at the age of 20.

How about you? Any funny family traditions you would like to share??

4 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Arkay said...

Happy B-Day!!! Steve told me to do this!! Have a great Birthday and I apologize for not capitalizing my "T".

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Big D, Happy B-day!!!! Funny comment on "first wife".

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Deur said...

Thanks again for a great day yesterday! Hope your birthday was great! Love you and proud of you!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger C-Man said...

Happy Be-lated birthday!

and thanks for the gift of your son. wait....that does not sound right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home