12/24/2006


CHRISTMAS

Christmas is all about...

...Family. It's always special to be "home for the holidays", and we go to great lengths and effort to head for home for Christmas.

...Gifts. Gift giving goes hand-in-glove with Christmas. God's gift to us in Jesus' birth...Immanuel - God with us, sparks a very natural action of giving gifts to others we love, out of the overflow of the greatest gift of all.

...Food. It's time for the signature dinner. For us, it's the beef tenderloin, twice baked potatoes, cheesy brocoli, corn, apple/snickers salad, tossed salad, and theme jello. Ah, my mouth is watering as I type.

...Pictures. It's the time of year when it's possible to get the entire family together in one room. A camera can capture this special moment in time. I'll post the picture taken this year.

...Memories. Christmas seems to fire-up my brain memory bank and I find myself thinking about Christmas' past. Good memories with family and friends.

...Time Off. No work...enough said.

...Joy. Christmas is Christmas because of Christ. That's why we call it Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home