4/07/2007


GLOBAL WARMING AND DEFICIT SPENDING

What does the possibility of global warming and Michigan's extreme debt resulting in deficit spending, have in common? Absolutely nothing...other than all the hype I regularly hear, surrounding these two issues. It actually becomes a bit comical when certain folks talk about global warming while I'm snow-blowing my driveway one week into April! C'mon...bring me some warming! My heat bill has never been higher, and on top of that, I can't keep up with these green neutral carbon credits (or whatever they're called), I'm buying to make myself feel good about my massive, indiscriminate energy consumption. Is it really helping?

And what about the state of the economy in Michigan? I thought everyone knew we were hurting financially as a State...at least until I read a report in the Detroit Free Press that despite our State's $1 billion deficit, there is a move underway to offer a spending plan that would make it possible to purchase an MP3 player or an iPod for every school child in Michigan! Is this a classic disconnect or what? It wouldn't be that bad of an idea IF the MP3's or iPod's were made in Michigan...but they're not.

I'm going to add another layer. It's going to be a cool, tax heavy summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home