4/16/2007

INCONVENIENT LIE

Have you ever lied about something because it was inconvenient to tell the truth? Have you ever plagiarized and turned that work in as your own? Well I did, and I'm not too proud of it. I was given an assignment in my high school English Literature class, to compose a poem. I am not a poet and I know it. Unsure of what I could do to fulfill the assigned request, I came up with a grand scheme. I pulled the lyrics off a Simon and Garfunkel standard - The Sound of Silence. I turned the lyrics in as my "work" and was given a 'C' for my effort. There, it's now off my chest and I can go on with my life. I just hope that Simon and Garfunkel decide to overlook my indiscretion.

I feel better already...

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are forgiven.

- Art Garfunkel.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

thanks mr. garfunkel...see ya this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home