8/17/2007


DOWN WITH THE OLD MAN AND UP WITH THE NEW

This past Sunday evening 32 people were baptized in the pond at Central. It was a great evening! A few days later an anonymous note describing the evenings baptisms, showed up in the office.
Here is is:

I SAW...

I saw my brothers and sisters sitting on the grass, understanding showing in their eyes.
I saw young, strong bodies enter the water, full of promise and life.
I saw tired, aching bodies enter the water, broken and hurting from age and affliction.
I saw happy, laughing souls enter the water, barely able to contain their joy.
I saw damaged and lonely souls enter the water, souls exhausted and finally finding an answer.
I saw feelings of gladness and radiant energy enter the water, spirits soaring high.
I saw feelings of humbleness and humility enter the water, spirits amazed that despite living a past full of mistakes and sin, they too claim Christ.

I saw old lives go under,
I saw new lives come up.

I envisioned angels dancing,
I envisioned God smiling,
I envisioned Jesus laughing and clapping His hands.

I saw the Kingdom of God take a big step forward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home