10/28/2007


BABY STEPS

During the past year, I've had some great discussions with my friend Brian about stepping out in faith. He contends that God has called you and me to a radical response and lifestyle in His kingdom building endeavors. Further, that specific calling will lead me to a gigantic step of faith, and then additional enormous steps of faith along the journey. Brian, in my humble opinion, is equating radical and life-altering faith to a step that is ginormous and beyond comprehension.

My contention is that God's calling on my life one that requires radical change, but I find that change more often than not, comes in the form of baby steps. A baby step of faith, as I trust God for the situation at work. Another baby step of faith, as I move out of my comfort zone for the first time...just a bit, and experience His power as I serve Him in new ways. Each step of faith is built on the previous one. Over time, my faith grows, my trust level expands, and God is glorified. If we are not faithful in the small things (steps), how and when, can He trust us with far more?

Our world and our lives are transformed as we take baby steps.

Whadayathink?

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Deur said...

Baby steps for you are giant leaps for others.

Happy birthday!

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I never knew I could continue take baby steps.

Stay awesome!

Mike Takas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home