10/13/2007


SUCKED IN

Each October for the last 30+ years I have found myself getting sucked into the media hype that "this is the year the Lions will turn things around." This year was no different. I was encouraged by the optimistic comments of a experienced quarterback, Jon Kitna. I was encouraged by draft expert's reviews of the Lions' number one draft choice. I was encouraged to read reports about the new coach, a disciplinarian, who could and would restore order in the Lions locker room. It was no long going to be a WWF training camp but rather a "Brady Bunch" team that got along with each other and pulled together in a common purpose - winning! It all sounded so reasonable, so compelling, so enticing, so I signed up for another year. Then, the season started and I once again realize I've been sucked in. Sometimes I just feel like a fireplug.

I need help. Can we bring Joey back? What ever happened to Wayne Fontes?

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Deur said...

The Joey comment went too far. :) Agreed... they looked terrible. Perhaps the next game will be better. I guess that is what Lion's fans say before every game of every year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home