2/25/2008


BASEBALL

Mid-February marks the beginning of spring training for major league baseball. First the pitchers and catchers report to camp, sometimes joined by a few dedicated over- achievers who are either in the final year of their contract, or they simply procrastinated on their workout regimen over the course of the winter and thought they best get a jump on getting in shape.

I love to hear the reports coming out of spring training camps in Florida and Arizona. They're full of hope, wild predictions, and anticipation for the coming year. A team that finished in last place, has hopes of becoming a contender, even though they have the same rag-tag group of players they had the year before. Ahhhh, there's something wonderful about having a hope for the future. Thanks for the reminder of this important truth Jeremiah.

Spring training also means Spring is coming to the hearty souls who live in the north country. That in itself, brings all kinds of hope to me! I'm hoping my son can score some tickets for us.

Early prediction....Tigers will win the ALCS and then the World Series.

3 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO TIGERS!!!!! We're hoping to watch the Tigers play in May against the D-backs. Love you pops!

Cheech

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Deur said...

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!
I can't freaking wait for baseball season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure about your prediction, but either way the boys of summer are almost here!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Dave Deur said...

Cheech,
I'm jealous! The Tiges and the D-backs are my two favorite teams.
It would be great if they faced each other in the World Series. I'm sure Eric could wrangle some tickets somehow! :)
Love you Billie!
Show

 

Post a Comment

<< Home