8/24/2008


TIGEES WIN?

My grandson, Willem Deur, has started asking an important question of his dad every morning. The question is, "Tigees win?" Loosely translated: Did the Tigers win last night. Once he gets a response from his dad, either a yes or a no, he's ready to take on the day.

I find myself wondering if he notices that dad is a little bit happier the morning after a Tigers win? And when they lose...maybe just a tad irritable. Aren't we all??

On August 14, four generations of the Deur's drove home from Detroit very happy, because the Tigees won. My dad who is 94 this month, my son, and his first born son, Harrison (Aitchie) and I attended a Tiger/Blue Jay game at Comerica Field. It was a great day, full of wonderful memories. There's always something special about sitting at a MLB game, munching on a $5+ hotdog and sipping a $6 lemonade on a beautiful, sunny, 84 degree game day. The Tigers trailed 1-0 entering the 8th inning and then erupted for 5 runs in the 8th. Rodney faced three batters and closed down the Jays in the 9th.

On this day, the Tigees did win and I'm guessing that when Willem heard about the outcome of the game, he probably cracked a bit of smile, knowing that all would be well when Dad returned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home